Thursday, May 10, 2007

Celebrate Being a Dad

This picture of my two boys was taken nearly 12 years ago and sits on my dresser at home. It's a daily reminder to me of how fast time marches on yet leaves me wondering where it all went!

This journey through time has been unbelieveably fulfilling. I often think about how priceless time with my kids has been over the years and why the Lord has seen fit to bless me with them.

I've had people ask me if I'm crazy as I race from the football field to the wrestling mat or to the basketball court in a hurried frenzy to make as many of their games or meets as possible. Or to the school play to see my beautiful 10 year old daughter beaming as she waves from the stage. Crazy? Maybe, but I don't think so. I know I won't make as much money as I could if I worked harder. But I will gladly make that trade of time for money.

My idea for this blog is to create a place for dads to come together to celebrate and to exchange thoughts and ideas that will help us through this wonderful journey of fatherhood. A place to be open, vulnerable, and real.

No comments: